2/23 - First Fishing Rod

I met my goals for this week more so then I thought I would. There are some not-great parts of whats in there that still needs some work, but for the most part, what I wanted to get into there for the week is in there. 
   
Once I got over getting the fish to move around, the next step was getting a fishing rod to try and be able to grab and move around in VR. This is the point where my research led me to UE's rope tool, and a video that helped me a lot was this one:

https://youtu.be/ikTujgYI_Io

From that tutorial and getting everything set up, I was able to get a very simple system in place that resembles fishing as seen below:


This was achieved by having a grabbable cylinder with a cable and ball attached to it, all with a physics constraint. The purely white ball is a "fish" that using the level blueprint moves to the bobber; the ball with a gradient on it. On the bobber, there is a cast that finds the fish's blueprint that then deletes that fish when they collide. 
    


The next steps are to refine some of the fishing mechanics and start to experiment with casting the rod, as well as potentially different ways to move the fish. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3-22 A final push