2-1 Development Starts

Finally, time to get into Unreal.
 
Upon opening it, I decided to check out the VR Starter scene and see what that was all about. At that point I was faced with a choice, I could either 

A. Use the starter scene to have a VR controller and try to do something unique with it or

B. Start with a blank scene and continue with the making my own controller Idea for now

As I thought about that I realized I had no idea how anything in that starter scene worked, so building something unique off of that would be pretty tricky. So in the essence of learning, I decided to stick to option B. 

In the talks in class on Thursday, an idea was proposed to me as well that I thought might be helpful which was to make things in blueprints first, then try to convert them to C++ after the fact. At first, I was pretty confident like "Yeah if something is difficult maybe but I'll just see about coding first" but now Im realizing just how little Unreal I am familiar with. 

I'm currently making my way through on of the tutorials at the moment trying to get a smooth locomotion going, and Ill have a more visual update hopefully by class tomorrow.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3-22 A final push